As a Board, we strive to make volunteering an enjoyable experience within an environment of like-minded community members where your experience and skills are put to good use.
Board Membership Qualifications
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about the mission, vision and values of Crime Stoppers;
- Have experience in organizational development, fundraising, entrepreneurship, donor relations and/or social media;
- Are excited to work as a team player in achieving strategic goals.
In addition to the qualifications outlined above, Crime Stoppers of Oxford is also seeking candidates with skills and experience in:
- Strategic planning;
- Cultural sensitivity and community engagement;
- Procuring corporate sponsorships;
- Board experience or a strong willingness to learn how the Board operates;
- High level of integrity and duty to the protection of Oxford County.
Successful candidates must:
- Pass a Police Criminal Records Check at their own expense;
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Board Members;
- Offer meaningful contributions, expertise and experience necessary to guide the program to continued success;
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings;
- Dedicate time to their assigned committee;
- Participate and represent Crime Stoppers at community events and fund raisers;
- Be willing to offer your spare time to support the board in achieving its goals.
Please click here to complete an online application form.
Crime Stoppers is a registered, non-profit charitable organization, structured as a working alliance between the Community, the Media and the various Police agencies. The program provides a medium for tipsters wishing to remain anonymous to provide valuable information to assist the Police in their investigations. Crime Stoppers callers never have to identify themselves or give evidence in court. All Tipsters calling the Crime Stoppers line are eligible to receive a cash reward up to $2000.00. The type of crime solved, number of arrests, and other parameters will determine the amount of the award. Rewards are not funded by tax dollars. Money for the operation of Crime Stoppers and rewards is raised from the private sector by Members of the Board of Crime Stoppers. The Board is comprised of citizens throughout the county.
Does Crime Stoppers work? Quite simply...YES! Since the inception of Crimestoppers of Oxford in (1991) we are responsible for taking over $7,230,359 worth of illegal drugs off the streets, recovering $2,136,991 in stolen property and seizing countless illegal weapons. Impressive! We have received 8501 tips from the public resulting in over 1014 arrests.